Thursday, May 14, 2015

Baked Chocolate Cheesecake 巧克力乳酪蛋糕



Last week a no-bake cheesecake was featured. This week, expect a baked one! Yeah I love making cheesecakes! Baked or no-bake ones, Im okay with both. Ask which one I enjoy eating more, you can wait long long for my answer haha! I love them all.

Other than having to clear the packs of creamcheese, I also have to take care of the chocolate bars stashed in a big compartment of my fridge, where I could definitely make good out of that space. 

These chocolates would have made me a real happy girl in the past, but not anymore now. I do not chomp on choco bars like I used to, when I still got that slim (or maybe skinny) bod. Chocolates are very much eaten with caution now. I can live without them now. And so, to get rid of those chocolates, I planned to incorporate them into my bakes. Prep yourself for more choco stuff :D




I tasted the slice of cheesecake right after I was done with the phototakings.  Smooth, creamy and easy on the palate. Not as dense as no-bake ones but still yummy enough for me! I will bake this again!



Shared some with the sis who is also a cheesecake lover and I brought some into office. It is always good to share the calories, no?? :P

Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe from Grace Kitchen Corner
Original recipe from Nigella Lawson (Nigella Feasts) 9 inches round pan
(I used 6-inch springform pan)


For the base: 

(I used 120g of digestive biscuits and 80g of Oreo cookies without cream)
200g digestive biscuits 
100g unsalted butter (I used 85g of butter and melted it for use)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I left this out)

For the filling: (I left out the top filling)
175g dark chocolate
500g Philadelphia cream cheese
120g caster sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
150 ml sour cream
½ teaspoon cocoa & 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water

For the glaze:
2 tablespoon cream
55g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon warm water



1. Make the base, process the biscuits to make rough crumbs and then add the butter and cocoa. Process again until it makes damp, clumping crumbs and then tips them into a 23cm springform tin. Press the biscuit crumbs into the bottom of the tin to make an even base and put into the freezer while you make the filing. 

2. Preheat the oven to 180’C. Put a kettle on to boil. Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or double boiler, and set aside to cool slightly. 

3. Beat the cream cheese to soften it and then add the sugar and cornflour, beating again to combine. Beat in the whole eggs and then the yolks, and the sour cream. Finally add the cocoa dissolved in hot water and the melted chocolate, and mix to a smooth batter. 

4. Take the springform tin out of the the freezer and line the outside of the tin with a good layer of clingfilm, and then another layer of strong foil over that. This will protect it from the water bath. Sit the springform tin in a roasting pan and pour in the cheesecake filing.



5. Fill the roasting pan with just-boiled water to come about halfway up the cake tin, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. The top of the cheesecake should be set, but the underneath should still have a wobble to it. 

6. Peel away the foil and clingfilm wrapping and sit the cheesecake in its tin on a rack to cool. Put in the fridge once it’s no longer hot, and leave to set, covered with clingfilm, overnight. 

7. Let it lose its chill before unspringing the cheesecake to serve. 
To make the chocolate glaze, very gently melt the chopped chocolate and cream. When the chocolate has nearly melted, take off the heat and whisk it to a smooth sauce. Add the golden syrup and mix well. Add the warm water then mix till you got a smooth chocolate glaze. 

8. Pour it evenly on the center of the chocolate cheesecake. Chill in the fridge for few minutes until the glaze slightly set.
Use a hot knife to cut the cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.