Thursday, September 24, 2015

Chinese Yam & Lotus Roots Soup


If you love soups like me, you have to cook this soup because this soup bears all the good and nutritious ingredients.  I did not have to add in salt towards the end because it was already sweet and wholesome enough.


Allowing at least 2 hours or more to slow cook my soups and then be rewarded with a pot of rich, sweet soup. 

I usually eat the ingredients added into my homecooked soups and so pairing it over a bowl of rice is more than good enough for me.

Return of the haze makes it an awful feel to stay out. So grab your ingredients and cook at home! Load yourswlf with more fluid during this hazy period ya.



Chinese Yam & Lotus Roots Soup

2 litre of water
400 lotus roots (remove soil, wash & scrub clean if not removing
skin or remove skin with peeler and cut 1cm thick)
250g pork ribs
Chinese yam (Huai shan), cut into bite sizes (I used 1 that was about 15cm long, did not weigh it)
A handful of red dates (pitted)
A handful of yuzu
2 to 3 dried figs
1 honey date (optional)


1. Place lotus roots, red dates, yuzu, honey date and dried figs into pot and add in 2l of water. Bring to boil.
2. In a small pot, blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 2 minutes to remove scum and oil.  Drain and wash pork ribs in clean water and add into the main pot.


3. Let simmer for 2 hours.  Add in chinese yam and let it simmer for 30min. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.