Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Wholemeal Rye Rolled Oat & Honey Bread with Chia Seeds

How long has it been since I last made loaf bread???  Too long back. And so... it is time to make it again. Buns aside. And yes, this loaf bread was good. So soft and fluffy, with a nice bite to it from the little chia seed bits.


Array of photos up for display as I am keeping this post short.  Have been busy since I started my new job and when I get home each day, it is just bathe, dinner and laze on the couch not wanting to do anything else!





I wanna gradually pick back the momentum soon and get back my life and then keep up with my blog postings.  Give me time. :)


Wholemeal Rye Rolled Oat & Honey Bread with Chia Seeds

A
50g bread flour
35g boiling water

B
150g bread flour
40g wholemeal flour
20g rye flour
1.5 tbsp chia seeds
40g honey
3g salt
5g instant yeast
87g water
30g egg
30g butter (room temp)

C
1 tbsp fresh milk
3 tbsp rolled oat

1. Add the boiling water from A into flour and mix until well blended to form a dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Break up gelatinized dough from A into bread machine, place liquid ingredients from B (egg and water) into bread machine followed by remaining dry ingredients (except butter) and set it to mix and form a smooth dough. (For my Kenwood BM250, I put it to mix on Function 8 to mix for 10min)
3. Add in butter when a smooth dough has been form and let it mix to form a smooth shiny dough. (I reset my BM and added in butter, set it to mix again on Function 8 for 15min)
4. Remove dough and knead to window pane stage. You may flour your work top to ease the sticky kneading stage but not too much. I used about 1 tbsp of bread flour.
5. Place dough into a mixing bowl, cover with cling wrap or clean moist dish cloth and set aside to proof for 40min or till double the size.
6. Punch out air from proofed dough and divide into 3 equal round portions. Cover with moist cloth and let it relax for 5min.
7. Flatt dough and roll up swiss roll way, place into greased loaf pan. Repeat for remaining dough.
8. Cover with moist cloth and set aside to proof for 50min or till double the size.


9. Brush dough top with fresh milk and sprinkle rolled oat over.


10. Set to bake at 160deg C for 20min, then 170deg C for 8min to form golden brown crust. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Store in airtight container to retain softness for longer.

(Above temperature and baking time was based on my Rowenta oven. I used the convection mode.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.