Saturday, October 3, 2015

Salmon Slices in Chilli Oil

During my last few day trips to JB, I got more recipes to add on to my recipe books collection! Always happy to have my hands on new books!


These are the few books that are keeping me occupied currently when I aren't on my feet baking, cooking away or busying with other housework.  Tried one of the fish recipe from the 400 Dishes Seafood Bible (400道海鲜圣经) and made this simple and yummy Salmon Slices in Chilli Oil.  Something different from the usual pan-fried, air-fried or baked salmon.  I prefer my food with some sauce!!!


Am looking forward to trying more of the other recipes on my salmon fillets!


Salmon Slices in Chilli Oil
Original recipe calls for 鲷鱼片 but I used Salmon slices instead

200g Salmon slices
1 Spring onion, cubed

Sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce (I used abalone sauce)
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp chilli oil (I used 老干妈辣椒油)
2 tsp water

1. Wash, clean and dry salmon. Slice salmon into medium thick slices.
2. Make sauce by mixing all seasonings in a bowl. (Do a taste test at this point, if you want it sweeter, add 1/2 tsp more sugar, spicier, more chilli oil. Get the taste you want at this stage!)
3. Put a pot of water to boil and place in salmon slices. Scoop up with a strainer when it is cooked, about 3min later. Set salmon slices on a serving plate.
4. In a separate pot, bring sauce to boil and drizzle sauce over salmon.


5. Top with spring onion cubes and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.