Friday, July 18, 2014

Air fried Prawn Paste Chicken

Got a new kitchen toy using the Giant vouchers "generously" bestowed to us by our company.  I never like shopping at Giant. With only 6 months' validity for the vouchers, I decided to invest in an air fryer with it.

Tried deep frying once at home in my miserably small kitchenette, I swear never to do that again! And since then, I stuck myself to mostly stir-fries, steamed dishes and stews.  Hehe!

Took me a short while to make this purchase decision and well, not much cash top up required, so went for it.

My official 1st dish made by this new toy was prawn paste chicken.  I was initially quite skeptical about how the end result would be. How will the outlook of the air fried wings be? How will it taste? Will the insides be dry and all?  Verdict: my concerns were unfounded. Everything was great. Hubby and brother were tasters for the wings too and gave thumbs up.

Now that gave me quite a boost in my confidence for this new kitchen gadget! So this also meant I have got more dish varieties from now on! YEAH....!

I used the recipe by Noob Cook and marinated the wings a day before. It gave the chicken wings a fuller flavour. Crispy on the outside, tender on the insides.



Air Fried Prawn Paste Chicken
(Serves 2 to 3)
300 grams mid-joint chicken wings (or drumlettes)
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
Marinade (A)
1 tbsp prawn/shrimp paste
3/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ginger juice grate some ginger & squeeze the pulp
1/2 tsp Chinese cooking wine (Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing)

In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients (A) until a paste is formed. Marinade chicken with the sauce for at least an hour or preferably overnight in the fridge.
Just before deep-frying, add corn flour to the marinade chicken. Stir to coat evenly, shaking off excess flour on the chicken.
Preheat air fryer at 180°C (356°F) for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly brush chicken pieces with olive oil.
Arrange chicken one layer on the fryer basket and slide the basket into the airfryer. Set timer and air fry for 8 minutes. Pull out the tray, use tongs to turn chicken pieces over, and set timer for another 7 minutes. Drain cooked chicken on paper towels before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.