Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Stir Fry Udon 干炒乌冬


Yet another dish whipped up with just a few simple ingredients. I am starting this Goat year on a slow and relaxing note. Nothing too fanciful for our tummies. I wanted to give my kitchen a longer break before it gets busy again this weekend.

and so... I stir fried some udon.

I love udon. Soupy ones. Stir fried ones. I love them all.  

Homecooked food are the best.

Stir fry Udon
Serves 2

2 individual packs of udon noodled
4 pcs of garlic, minced
2 tbsp canola oil
3 dried mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced (keep aside mushroom water)
1 small carrot, julienned
4 black fungus, soaked and hard portion removed, thinly sliced
4 big tiger prawns, deshelled, deveined and cut into 4 or 5 pcs
1 onion, thinly sliced 

Seasonings
1 tbsp light soy sauce 
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 to 2 tbsp water (more if you prefer a wetter based udon)
*Mix all seasonings in a bowl and set aside. 


1. Heat oil in pan.
2. Stir fry garlic till fragrant. Add onions and saute for about a minute before adding prawns and stir fry till prawns turn half cooked.
3. Add in mushrooms, black fungus and carrot and stir fry all ingredients till well mixed and fragrant.
4. Add in udon noodles, stir noodles well to mix with the ingredients evenly.
5. Stir in seasonings and mix well till noodles are done. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.