Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Oreo Cookie Chiffon Cake


Seems like the season for cake baking recently. This was kind of an impromptu one and I had it shared with some lovely peeps. Share the calories. I can then have more excuses to bake more often keke!

This is my first time baking an oreo chiffon cake. I did not get to eat it though but had feedbacks that it was soft and yummy, while some said the cake had not much flavour except for the crushed oreo bites. Okay.... not too bad, apart from the cake being quite flavourless, other feedbacks werr positive. Let's try choco oreo chiffon the next round!! Gotta bring this cake flavour a level up :)

I am still gonna share this recipe because of the soft and pillowy feel it has.



Oreo Cookie Chiffon Cake
Recipe adapted from Cherry Potato

(A).
5 Egg yolks
4 tbsp Corn oil
60 ml Milk

(B).
100 gm Cake flour, sifted (I used Hong Kong Flour)
50 gm Sugar (I used 40g)

(C).
60 gm Oreo biscuit, crushed (I removed Oreo cookie cream)

(D).
5 Egg whites
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
50 gm Sugar

1. Mix (A) together into a bowl until well.
2. Add in (B) and mix until well combined & smooth.
3. Whisk (D) into a mixing bowl until stiff.
4. Fold egg yolks mixture into Step (3) & mix well.




5. Slowly add in (C), mix well.
6. Pour mixture into a 9' ungreased chiffon tube pan.
7. Bake in preheat oven at 160'C for about 1 hour.




8. Invert the cake to cool after take out from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.