Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hawaiian Pizza

Time flies.  It's already Tuesday and almost reaching midweek!  Great that this week is a short week - all thanks to Good Friday!  So looking forward to the long weekend. How are you going to spend your long weekend :)

And so this post is sort of a continuation from the last.  Like I say, it was a stay home Saturday, and I made pizza for dinner on that same day I made soup (for lunch) but was lazy to blog a long post altogether! In fact staying home does not mean more rest for me, because I am the kind who will be buzzing around in the kitchen, cooking or baking away.  Home is the best, isn't it?  I can do what I like, no one's stopping me keke~

Some weeks back, my hubby asked me to make pizza and I did not.  Bad wife huh?  I bet you have those days too where you are okay to cook or bake anything, everything except that particular food?  Unfortunately for my hubby, I do, so I said "okay, I make for you another day".

Okay... at least I kept my promise and made him one leh... :P

I wanted a fluffy pizza base, bread type for a change, so I fell back on my all-time fave recipe.  End product was good and hubby gave a thumbs up. All time and effort spent into making it was well-worth the while.  What all homemakers and home bakers need is the support from your other half and family members!


Hawaiian Pizza (using sweet bun base by Sponge Dough method)
(Makes one 10-inch round pizza)

Pizza toppings
6-8 pieces of canned pineapple slices (cut into small pieces)
4 pieces of ham (wash, pat dry with kitchen towel and cut into small rectangles) - I ran out of ham so I used chicken franks
1 can of button mushrooms (sliced thinly) - I used Hosen brand button mushrooms
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
4 tbsp pasta sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional unless you want a tangy yet spicy taste)

1. Squeeze out some of the pineapple juice to remove excess juice, otherwise when added to pizza base, base will turn soggy.
2. Mix all topping ingredients (except all cheese) in a bowl and leave in fridge till ready to use.
3. Mix pasta sauce and sweet chilli sauce well.  Leave base sauce aside.

Pizza base (sweet bun base)
Step 1: Sponge dough
50g plain flour
75g bread flour
1.5 tsp instant yeast
65ml cold water

Mix yeast with water in mixing bowl, then add in flour.  Knead to form a smooth dough. Cover and leave to proof for 1 to 1.5 hours or double in size.

Step 2:
125g bread flour
40g sugar
1/2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 small egg (set aside balance for egg glaze on the rim of pizza base)
65ml cold water
25g butter (soften at room temperature)
Egg glaze

1. Add all Step 2 ingredients (except butter) to sponge dough from Step 1. Knead from low speed until well combined.  Continue to knead on medium speed until dough is soft and smooth.  Add in butter, continue to knead
till dough is soft and elastic or reaches window pane stage.
2. Shape dough into ball.  Cover and leave to proof for 15 minutes or dough in size.  Roll out the dough into flat and round shape that fit into 10-inch round baking tray.


3. Spread base sauce over pizza base, leaving 1-inch of the sides clear.
4. Sprinkle some mozzarella over sauce.  Add toppings all over evenly.
5. Top with thick layer of mozzarella cheese (and other cheese).
6. Leave to rise for 20 minutes.  Brush sides of base with egg glaze.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg for 12-15 minutes or till golden brown.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.