Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pumpkin Loaf bread with Pumpkin seeds (Sponge dough method)

After making the pumpkin cake and pumpkin loaf bread the last 2 rounds, I still have some pumpkin left which was just nice for another loaf. I do not like to bake the same thing consecutively in a row, but in order not to waste the leftover pumpkin, I made another loaf of bread with it, with some variations though :P

Chanced upon Carol's honey pumpkin toast some months back and I like how she used pumpkin seeds to adorn the loaf crust. I decided to follow suit since I have a pack of the healthy seeds in my fridge.



Pumpkin Loaf Bread

Ingredients for sponge dough
150g bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
125ml water

Mix all ingredients into a soft rough dough.  Cover and leave to proof for at least 1-2 hours or put in a plastic bag, tie up and without proofing, keep in fridge for at least 4 hours (I left my sponge dough to proof in the fridge overnight, about 14 hours). Thaw for 15 minutes before adding sponge dough into bread dough ingredients.

Ingredients for bread dough
125g bread flour (I used 150g bread flour and did not use wholemeal flour)
25g wholemeal flour
1.5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Half egg
100g pumpkin puree
25ml water [did not add]
25g butter

Pumpkin seeds (for exterior garnishing use)

I like using nuts and healthy seeds in bread to give the extra crunch.


1. Add all ingredients except water and butter to the sponge dough. Knead until well co,bined, then gradually add in water (if necessary) while kneading untik a soft dough is formed. Knead for about 10 minutes then add in butter. Continue kneading untik you get a soft, smooth, elastic dough and it does not stick to the fingers, or to window pane stage (to test, try stretching a small part of the dough till a thin membrane is formed without having holes formed).
2. Shape into a ball and cover with a clean cloth to proof for 15 minutes or till double in size. Punch down dough.
3. Roll out dough into a rectangle shape and fold into thirds, then roll dough into a log like a swiss roll. Place in greased baking tin and leave to proof for more than an hour or double in size. (I used a Pullman tin with lid instead to get a square loaf. Do remember to grease the lid too!)

             
See how my dough proof in 45 minutes.

4. Bake in preheated oven at 180deg C for 25 minutes.  Remove to cool on rack immediately after baking. (After the 25 minutes is up, I remove the lid from the tin and let it bake a further 10 to 15 minutes to get a darker top.)

Ta-daah! My orangey square loaf :)

2 comments:

  1. 尊敬的博主,您好

    我们发现您的博客里有特别多美味食谱,我们想把您的博客推荐到我们的网站 www.mytaste.sg。

    我们的网址每天的浏览量有数万人次,并且已经有很多个食谱博客和网站。此外,我们 创建了博客排行榜,那里已经有几百个博主的加入了。我们在我们的网站上推荐了您的博客,用户就能通过我们浏览器找到您的博客。另外,费用问题您完全不用担心,因为我们是一个完全免费的网站。

    将您的博客添加到食谱博客排行榜,自动发表您的食谱在我们的网站。请按照以下步骤操作:
    www.mytaste.sg/jiarubokepaihangbang

    目前我们已经在瑞典、英国、美国、法国等国家有了推广。您想加入我们吗?我们静候佳音。

    诚挚的问候
    --
    王龍 (Oriol)
    Mytaste Site Manager

    URL:www.mytaste.sg
    mail: info@mytaste.sg
    FB: www.facebook.com/mytastesg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oriol,

    您好。
    谢谢你对我的食谱博客的赞赏以及邀请将我把博客加入mytaste.sg的推荐。我游览了此网站,也从那儿发现了许多好食谱。因此我已按照你给的步骤加入了mytaste.com网站。

    谢谢。

    -Janice-

    ReplyDelete

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.