Friday, August 22, 2014

Blueberry Chiffon cake


 Love the purple hue I got from incorporating blueberries into my chiffon cake.

Okay, I was real happy to see nice and pretty insides of the cake when I cut them into slices.  Hubby had it first in the morning for breakfast and gave a thumbs up sign when he saw me.  Another nice chiffon cake added to my chiffon bakes list! 

Blueberry Chiffon Cake (20cm tube pan)
Egg white mixture
Egg whites 180g
Caster sugar  90g
Corn flour 10g

Egg yolk mixture
Egg yolk 70g
Water 20g
Vegetable oil 60g
Blueberry sauce 80g
Lemon juice 10g
plain flour 90g
Caster sugar 20g



1. Blueberry sauce was made with 125g fresh blueberries, splash of water, half of lemon juice and a tablespoon of caster sugar. Cook all the ingredients in a medium low heat until it become a not too thick consistency. Cool and ready to use.
2. Mix all the egg yolks mixture except flour. When everything well combined then add in sifted flour. Mix everything well combine and no lumps left. The mixture would be quite thick and smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites in a clean large bowl until peak foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Then finally add in corn flour. Make sure the corn flour mix well in the egg mixture. The egg whites mixture should be peak foam, smooth and shiny.
4. Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in the 1/2 of the remaining egg whites mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg whites mixture. 
5. Pour the well mix mixture into a 20cm chiffon cake tin and bake at a 160-170'C preheated oven for 40 - 50 minutes. After baked, let the baked cake turn upside down for cooling before unmolding it.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, love the purple colour of the chiffon cake. Baking is also my hobby. Can you please tell me when do you add the blueberry sauce & how many eggs you used in this recipe. It’s hard to work out when it’s in grams. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can this recipe be converted in cups? Harder to make it when it’s in grams. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.