Sunday, August 24, 2014

Button Mushroom-shaped Blueberry bread



Keeping up with my purple colour bakes, I made a purple tone bread. It is a button mushroom shaped bread. I wanted it cute so I left it in a slightly narrower tin to proof so it will hang over the sides when proofed.  Soft, fluffy bread to die for. I love how the loaf shape was. Love the colour tone. Nom... nom... nom... yums~

I had always wanted to do a purple loaf. And I wanted one with no artificial colourings added, so I adapted Kimmy cooking Pleasure's coffee loaf bread, made slight changes to it and came up with a loaf I longed for.

Homemade bread works best for me.


Button Mushroom-shaped Blueberry Bread with Chia seeds

Ingredients for Sponge Dough
75m bread flour
75 gm plain flour
2 tsp instant yeast
100ml water
Mix all ingredients into a soft rough dough.  Cover and leave to proof for at least 1-2 hours or put in plastic bag, tied up without proofing and keep in fridge for at least 4 hours.  Thaw for 15 minutes before adding bread dough ingredients.

Ingredients for Bread Dough
150 bread flour
1.5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 egg (keep the balance for egg brushing)
50g blueberry sauce
25ml water
30g butter
2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)

1. Blueberry sauce was made with 100g fresh blueberries, splash of water, 1/4 of lemon juice and a 1.5 tsp of caster sugar. Cook all the ingredients in a medium low heat until it become a not too thick consistency. Cool and ready to use. You can run it through a sieve and use just the sauce. (I used the sauce with blueberry pulps) - weigh out 50g before use.
2. Add all the ingredients [except butter] to the sponge dough.  Knead until well combined and dough is soft for about 10 minutes then add in butter.  Continue kneading until soft, smooth and elastic.   Knead a further 10  minutes and dough does not stick to the fingers.
3. Shape into a ball and cover with a clean cloth to proof for 15 minutes or until double in size.  


4. Punch down dough. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.  Roll and fold each portion into thirds, then roll from 2 ends of the dough into the centre.  Place in baking tin [Pullman's tin] and leave to proof in oven for more than an hour or until double in size.


5. Add some drops of water to the balance half of egg, mix it well and egg brush the dough.

6. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes.  Remove to cool on rack immediately after baking.

The loaf on the left looked ugly to me! Fortunately, it was a happy ending when sliced :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.