Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mini Egg Cupcakes




Wow!!! I must say I was blown by these yummy egg cupcakes! For once, I finally succeeded in baking these dainty spongey eggy cupcakes. I make them twice long time back and they turned out dry I couldn't stomach them. This recipe by Angela Seah of Fun at Sassy's Kitchen is definitely a keeper. Now I need not spend S$1.70 for that ONE egg spongecake sold at a bakery near my house *yeah!!!!*


Spongy egg cupcake.
♡♡♡

These yummy treats weren't just yummy, they were easily done in 35 to 40min with baking time included. How can you not love this, right?

If you are like me, an egg cupcake lover, you sure have to try making them :)

I love to take photos of how the unbaked mixture went into the oven and rose to become dainty egg cupcakes!


To think Mummy used to tell us to never play with food!
:P


Mini Egg Cupcakes
Recipe by Angela Seah of Fun at Sassy's Kitchen with slight changes made

4 large eggs
200g fine sugar
A pinch of salt
180g plain flour (I ran out of plain flour and used Hong Kong flour instead)
1 tsp baking powder
35g oil

(I halved the recipe and made 10 dainty egg cupcakes, and used just 85g of fine sugar)

1. Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. Place eggs, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy. Took me about 10 minutes using my hand mixer.
3. I sifted flour and baking powder together and then add into egg mixture. Fold in gently till just combined.
4. Add oil and fold in till just combined.
5. Spoon egg mixture into cupcake liners till 3/4 full.
6. Put to bake in preheated oven at 180deg C for 20min. (Works well for my Rowenta oven, and no preheat was required.)
7. Remove egg cupcakes from muffin tray and leave to cool on cooling tray. Enjoy!

(I stored the egg cupcakes in airtight container and it stayed good for 2 days before we wiped it all out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.