Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stir-fry Lotus Roots with Sambal Chilli

Back to work for 2 weeks already. New job, new workplace, new people. Everything has been good thus far.

Finally found some time to put up a post and keep my blog alive. This dish is one that I adore alot. Whether it is being cooked in soup or stir-fries, I love eating lotus roots.

This round, I aren't cooking lotus roots in soup but doing a stir-fry with it. If your Mummy gives me a little tub of sambal chilli, put it to good use!

My Mum makes mean sambal chilli sauce!


Love the spicy sweet taste this dish has. Pairing the minced garlic and dried shrimps with the lotus makes this dish very appetising. I could down a bowl of rice with it!



Stir-fry Lotus Roots with Sambal Chilli

500g lotus roots (de-skinned, washed & thinly sliced)
2 Tsp sambal chilli
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp dried shrimps, soakedfor 30min and drained
4 garlics, minced
2 to 3 tbsp water
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Spring onion bits - Garnish



1. Heat oil in pan and fry garlic, sambal chilli and dried shrimps till fragrant.


2. Add in sliced lotus and stir fry till well mixed.
3. Add in sugar and salt and stir fry well. Stir in water and let it come to boil till gravy is formed. Garnish with spring onion bits and serve immediately with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.