Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs

Another item that I made for the family BBQ. I did not want the BBQ session to be laden with nothing but meat, Meat and MEAT! OMG... carnivore I am not! So made these teriyaki chicken kebabs and filled the sticks with colourful pineapple and vegetables!

Now, Im keeping this post short and sweet. Busy day at work today, gonna sit back and watch TVVvvvvvv!! :P


Teriyaki chicken recipe by Namiko Chen
(I marinated the meat using this recipe and made them into a kebab for BBQ)

  • 1 lb (454 g) boneless chicken thigh with skin, rinsed and pat dry

Teriyaki Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 1 Tbsp. sake
  • 1 Tbsp. mirin
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • ¼ onion, grated, including juice
  • 1" (2.5 cm) ginger, grated, including juice


  1. 1. Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces. Prick the chicken with a fork so it absorbs more flavor.
  2. 2. Combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a medium bowl or Ziploc bag.
  3. 3. Add the chicken into the bowl and marinate for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. (I left it in the freezer for 2 days and allow it to defrost a night before the kebab preparation.


Teriyaki Chicken Kebab recipe
Marinated Teriyaki chicken cubes
Pineapple cubes
Green & Red Capsicums, cubed
Onions, cubed
Satay sticks (soaked in warm water for 30min - prevent charred parts from the BBQ process)


1. Skewer a piece of teriyaki chicken cube 3/4 down the satay stick, and the sequence follows through as such, a piece of red capsicum cube, a green capsicum cube, 2 pcs onion cubes, then repeat one more time on same satay stick. Do the same for all other sticks till you use up all ingredients and you are ready to use it for your BBQ! Otherwise, clingwrap it and place in fridge till later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.